Bicycle Accident Settlements
Pedaling your bicycle is one of the healthiest ways to exercise while enjoying the beautiful scenery in California. However, there is no question that it’s common for bicyclists to encounter dangerous situations on the road. They may be involved in serious bicycle accidents that can lead to severe injuries and leave them with significant medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional trauma.
Those who have bicycle accidents in California are entitled to a settlement from the liable parties. Nordean Law, with its highly-skilled and experienced team of bicycle accident lawyers in California, provides victims with fair bicycle accident settlements.
What Are Bicycle Accident Settlements?
A bicycle accident is certainly a devastating experience as it leaves you with physical, emotional, and financial burdens. Fortunately, when you are involved in a bicycle accident in California because of someone else’s negligence, you can turn to a bicycle accident lawyer in California and pursue compensation through a bicycle accident settlement.
Bicycle accident settlements are legal agreements between the victim and the responsible party, or their insurance company, to provide compensation for the injuries and other damages. According to a bicycle accident settlement, the liable party agrees to pay the injured party a certain amount of money to compensate for their losses, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Bicycle accident settlements in California are often preferred over going to trial, as it’s the easy and fastest way to resolve the case. However, you can choose a bicycle accident attorney in California to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
FREE Consultation Call With Our
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Serving Orange County!
Hear From Our Community Of Satisfied
Typical Types of Bicycle Accident Settlements
When it comes to bicycle accidents, settlements are often reached between the parties involved as an alternative to going to trial. It’s basically an agreement that resolves a legal dispute without a formal court ruling. There are typically two ways that the victim can seek bicycle accident settlements in California.
1. An Insurance Claim
The most common way to pursue a bicycle accident settlement is to file an insurance claim with the insurance company of the at-fault party. Drivers are required to carry liability insurance so that their insurance companies will have to pay for the damages that resulted from the accident. Insurance claims are often settled through negotiations with the insurance company.
2. A Lawsuit
When negotiations with the insurance company fail, you can file a lawsuit against the liable driver. You can also file a lawsuit if there are disputes about liability or if the at-fault party does not have sufficient insurance coverage. You may need a personal injury lawyer in California who can proceed with a lawsuit on your behalf.
99% Client Win Rate, Contact Us For FREE Consultation
What Is the Average Settlement in a Bicycle Accident?
Determining the average settlement for a bicycle accident can be challenging because each case is unique. It’s impossible to predict exact figures. The settlement amount depends on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, your medical expenses, and the degree of negligence.
The average settlement in a bicycle accident typically ranges from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Minor injuries such as scrapes and bruises may only result in a few thousand dollars in compensation. However, if you have severe injuries such as broken bones, head injuries, or spinal cord you may get compensation of more than $100,000.
Key Factors That Affect the Value of Bicycle Accident Case
It’s normal to wonder how much your settlement might be worth after your bicycle accident in California. There’s no one-size-fits answer. The value of a bicycle accident case depends on a range of factors. Below are listed some key factors that affect the value of a bicycle accident settlement.
Severity of Injuries: One who sustained serious injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or broken bones, gets a higher settlement than one who sustained minor injuries like scrapes and bruises.
- Medical Expenses: The total cost of medical treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, medication, and rehabilitation, are taken into account when determining the value of a bicycle accident case.
- Lost Wages: It’s understandable that when you sustain severe bicycle accident injuries, you might not be able to go to work which leads you to lose wages. In that case, you can claim lost wages in your bicycle accident settlement. This includes both the wages you’ve already lost and any future wages you’re expected to lose as a result of the accident.
- Property Damage: If your bicycle was damaged or destroyed in the accident, you can include the cost to repair or ask to replace it in your settlement. You can recieve compensation for other property as well, such as your phone, watch, and glasses, that were lost or damaged in the accident.
- Liability: The degree to which the other party is at fault for the accident also affects the value of your settlement. If the party is 100% at fault, your settlement value will be higher than if they are only partially at fault.
- Insurance Coverage: The amount of insurance coverage the at-fault party has can impact the value of your settlement. If the other party has minimal insurance coverage, your settlement may be limited.
- Comparative Negligence: When you’re found to be partially at fault for the accident, your settlement value will be reduced proportionally to the percentage of your fault.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Auto v. Truck
Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall
Auto V. truck
auto v. Auto
Orange County Bicycle Accident Lawyer
How Long Do Accident Settlements Take?
The duration to reach a bicycle accident settlement can vary greatly from case to case. While some bicycle accident settlements can be reached relatively quickly, in some cases, the process can drag on for months or even years.
The major factor that influences the length of time to reach a settlement is the complexity of the case. If there are multiple parties involved, it may take longer to negotiate a settlement.
Another factor that can affect the time to reach a settlement is the willingness of the parties involved to come to an agreement. If anyone involved in the accident doesn’t cooperate, or if the insurance company drags its feet, settlement may take longer. The time for bicycle accident settlements also depends on the caseload of the court.
How Are Accident Settlements Calculated?
The calculation of bicycle accident settlements is a complex process.
Bicycle accident attorneys in California consider the following factors to calculate accident settlements.
- The extent of the injuries sustained.
- The medical bills incurred as a result of the accident.
- The cost of ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
- The amount of lost wages and future earning potential.
- The pain and suffering endured by the victim.
- The emotional trauma suffered by the victim and their family.
- The impact of the accident on the victim’s quality of life.
When you have an expert personal injury lawyer on your side, you have peace of mind knowing that your case is in good hands.
Consult Top Rated Bicycle Accident Lawyer About Your Claim Today
Bicycle accidents can cause both physical and emotional trauma. If you or your loved ones have been involved in a bicycle accident, you must consider consulting with a top-rated personal injury lawyer in California.
Nordean Law is a reputed personal injury law firm in California and has a team of experienced bicycle accident lawyers in California. We offer expertise to assist those involved in bicycle accidents and seeking a California bicycle accident lawyer. We strive to balance the scales of justice and help our clients get appropriate settlements for bicycle accidents.
Don’t let a bicycle accident define your life and let us handle your bicycle accident case. Our lawyers are well-skilled in navigating the complexities of the legal system and negotiating fair bicycle accident settlements. They fight for your rights while you recover from your bicycle accident injuries. Contact us today for a free consultation for your bicycle accident settlement.