PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER Hawaiian Gardens
Hawaiian Gardens is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is the smallest city in the county in terms of area and was established on April 9, 1964. At the 2010 census, there were 14,254 people living there, down from 14,779 at the 2000 census.
On the other hand, no one anticipates being injured in an accident or because of another party’s negligence. Unfortunately, a personal injury can turn your world upside down. The physical pain, emotional distress, and financial losses can be overwhelming. Navigating the personal injury claims process and dealing with an insurance company can add stress and anxiety.
At Nordean Law, our Hawaiian Gardens Personal Injury Attorney helps victims recover the compensation they deserve and need after an accident or injury. Our law firm has extensive resources, skills, and experience handling various personal injury cases. In addition, our legal team handles all aspects of your personal injury case to obtain the maximum compensation available for your claim.
Contact our law office today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Hawaiian Gardens personal injury lawyer. We are dedicated to fighting for just and fair settlements and jury verdicts for individuals and families injured by another party’s recklessness or negligence.
What is considered a personal injury?
A personal injury is harm and damages caused by another party’s acts or omissions. The harm includes physical injuries, emotional distress, and mental anguish. Damages include the pain and suffering caused by the injury, but it also includes the financial losses incurred because of an accident or injury.
Personal injury law seeks to make an injured victim “whole” again by holding the negligent party financially liable for the victim’s damages. Personal injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Bruise and lacerations
- Back injuries, including herniated discs and spinal fractures
- Partial and complete paralysis
- Burn injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Injuries to internal organs
- Nerve damage and soft tissue injuries
- Knee, elbow, ankle, and wrist injuries
- PTSD, anxiety, and depression
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Shoulder injuries
Sadly, catastrophic injuries can also result in permanent disabilities and impairments. A victim may sustain lifelong damages because of a personal injury.
Our personal injury lawyer in Hawaiian Gardens, California works to recover compensation for all damages and losses caused by a personal injury. At Nordean Law, we do not stop fighting until we exhaust every legal avenue to get you the money you deserve.
Types of personal injuries our lawyers handle in Hawaiian Gardens, CA
Slip & Fall Accidents
Why choose Nordean Law for your personal injury claim in Hawaiian Gardens?
Having an experienced legal team on your side can help you avoid mistakes that could hurt your personal injury claim. Also, hiring an Hawaiian Gardens personal injury lawyer means that you have someone to handle the insurance adjuster and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Reasons why you should choose Nordean Law to handle your personal injury claim:
- Our legal team has the experience and legal knowledge necessary to handle the most complicated personal injury claim.
- We use our extensive resources to investigate the cause of your injury to identify each party liable for your damage.
- Our lawyers work with medical experts, accident reconstructionists, and other expert witnesses to gather evidence proving fault and liability.
- We provide legal advice, support, and guidance during each phase of your personal injury claim.
- Our personal injury lawyer in Hawaiian Gardens is an aggressive trial lawyer and talented, skilled negotiator.
The insurance company for the other party has a team of professionals protecting it from liability. The insurance adjuster might act like he is working for you, but he is working to lower the amount of money you receive for your injury claim.
Hiring Nordean Law to handle your claim evens the playing field. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in Hawaiian Gardens gives you a better chance of receiving a fair settlement than battling the insurance company on your own.
HEAR FROM OUR COMMUNITY OF SATISFIED CLIENTS
What to do after a personal injury accident in Hawaiian Gardens?
The shock and physical injuries caused by accidents can make it difficult to think clearly. In addition, many accident victims have never had to file a personal injury claim. Therefore, they do not know what to do.
While each personal injury accident is unique, there are some steps that every injured person should take to protect their best interests. Our Hawaiian Gardens personal injury attorney suggests that you:
- Report the accident or injury. Call 911 to report traffic accidents. If you are injured on another person’s property, report the injury to the property owner or manager.
- Never admit fault. Even saying you are sorry the accident happened could be misinterpreted as admitting fault. So be very careful what you say after an accident.
- Document the accident scene. If it is safe to do so, take pictures and make a video of the accident scene. Ask bystanders and witnesses for their contact information.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Prompt medical treatment reduces the risk of an injury worsening. It also documents your injuries for a personal injury claim. Delays in medical care could result in allegations of failure to mitigate damages. It can also make proving the accident caused your injuries more difficult.
- Beware of the insurance company and claims adjusters. Be cautious when talking to an insurance company. The claims adjuster searches for information the company can use against you. Never agree to a written or recorded statement without talking with a personal injury attorney in Hawaiian Gardens.
- Seek legal advice from an experienced Hawaiian Gardens personal injury lawyer. Contact a personal injury attorney for a free consultation as soon as possible. The claims adjuster may tell you that you can handle the claim without a lawyer. However, you have the right to legal counsel. A personal injury lawyer works to ensure you receive all the funds you are owed.
Our Hawaiian Gardens personal injury lawyer carefully analyzes your case when you contact us about a personal injury. In addition, we provide advice and guidance to help you navigate the claims process. Our legal team is available to answer questions and respond to your concerns. We are here to help you when you need to be trusted with legal representation after an injury or accident.
Contact a top-rated Hawaiian Gardens PERSONAL INJURY lawyer today
At Nordean Law, our personal injury lawyer in Hawaiian Gardens personally handles your case. Our legal team protects you from aggressive claims adjusters and bad faith insurance tactics. We want you to focus on healing and getting your life back together after an accident or injury.
Call our office or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to speak with an Hawaiian Gardens personal injury attorney. We want to help you recover the money you deserve after being injured in an accident.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Auto v. Truck
Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall
Auto V. truck
auto v. Auto
How does a lawyer help in a personal injury case?
When you contact Nordean Law about a personal injury case, we work to protect your best interest and reduce the burden of dealing with a personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyer in Hawaiian Gardens helps you by:
Investigating your claim
Many injured victims do not have the resources to investigate the cause of their claim. Investigations can be costly, time-consuming, and complicated. Our legal team:
- Interviews witnesses
- Analyzes accident reports
- Searches for videos of the accident
- Reviews medical records
- Communicates with insurance companies
- Documents damages
- Works with expert witnesses
- Identifies liable parties
- Files and monitors insurance claims
The above list is not inclusive. The steps we take to investigate a claim depend on the circumstances of the case. However, you can trust that we will take all steps necessary to uncover the cause of your injury.
Building a case against the at-fault party
It is not enough to know who injured you. You have the burden of proving liability for your damages. We must have evidence proving duty of care, fault, causation, and damages. Liability for a personal injury may arise from:
- Strict liability
- Intentional wrongs
- Negligence per se
- Vicarious liability
You do not need to worry about proving your case. Our legal team does that for you while you focus on your recovery.
Negotiating a settlement
Our lawyers prepare a detailed, comprehensive settlement demand letter and package for the insurance company. We are aggressive negotiators. We demand fair compensation for all damages caused by the other party’s negligence and wrongdoing.
Insurance companies may refuse to negotiate a fair settlement. In addition, some companies might use bad faith insurance tactics when dealing directly with an injured party.
We work diligently to settle your claim without filing a lawsuit. However, we are prepared to file a lawsuit and argue your case in court if the other party refuses to negotiate in good faith to resolve your injury claim.
Negotiating medical liens and subrogation claims
Your medical providers must be paid from the settlement proceeds or a jury award. You are also obligated to reimburse your health insurance company for paid bills.
After we settle your injury claim, we negotiate with your medical providers and health insurance company to decrease the amount of their liens. Our goal is to put as much money in your pocket from the settlement or jury award as possible.
FAQs about personal injury case in Hawaiian Gardens
It is natural to have questions about personal injury cases. Below are answers from our personal injury lawyer Hawaiian Gardens to frequently asked questions about personal injury claims.
What Happens if I’m Partially at Fault for the Accident?
California uses a pure comparative negligence standard for personal injury cases. If an injured party is partially to blame for the accident, the law does not bar them from recovering compensation. However, it does reduce the money they receive for damages.
For example, suppose a jury awards you $500,000 for a truck accident claim. However, the jury also states you are 30% at fault for the cause of the crash. Therefore, the amount you receive would be $350,000, which is the total award of less than 30% or $150,000.
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Most personal injury cases settle without going to trial. Even if we file a personal injury lawsuit, there are several opportunities to settle the case before it goes to trial. At Nordean Law, we work to settle claims without filing a lawsuit because it is less costly and quicker to settle out of court.
However, our Hawaiian Gardens accident lawyer is a skilled litigator. If we need to file a lawsuit to protect your best interests, we are prepared to do so. Since the insurance companies know our reputation, they know we do not hesitate to go to court when necessary.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Take to Get a Settlement?
The timeline for a personal injury case depends on the facts of the case. A primary factor that determines how long it takes to settle a personal injury lawsuit is your injuries. If you settle the claim before completing your medical treatment, you might not receive all of the compensation you are entitled to receive.
A personal injury case takes about one year to settle after the injury date. If we need to file a lawsuit, it could take longer to obtain a jury verdict.
We understand you need to settle your personal injury case as quickly as possible. Our legal team works to settle your claim quickly, but we do not rush to a settlement to close a case. Instead, we want to get you the most money possible for your damages.
What Can I Expect During My Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case goes through several phases. The steps in a personal injury case include:
- Investigation of the claim
- Gathering evidence and documents
- Medical treatment
- Filing insurance claims
- Settlement negotiations
- Filing a lawsuit
- Going to trial
When you hire our law firm, you do not need to worry about deadlines, filing requirements, evidence, or other legal issues. Our legal team handles all aspects of your case. We keep you updated and informed throughout the claims process. Our legal team is available whenever you have questions or concerns.
What Should I Do if an Insurance Company Calls Me?
The best thing you can do when the insurance company calls you is to tell the person to contact your Hawaiian Gardens personal injury attorney. Dealing directly with the insurance company is not only frustrating, but it can also be risky.
Insurance adjusters and investigators want to trip you up so they can get statements on the record that could lower the value of your claim or give the company a reason to deny your claim. Therefore, it is best to let an experienced injury lawyer deal with the insurance company.
How Much Is a Personal Injury Case Worth?
Many factors affect the value of a personal injury claim. Generally, injured parties can recover compensation for economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Physical, occupational, and other therapies
- Loss of income and benefits
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Personal care and long-term nursing care
Injured parties also receive compensation for their non-economic damages, which include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Impairments and disabilities
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
A few personal injury cases might result in punitive damages. These damages do not compensate you for losses, even though you receive the money. Instead, punitive damages “punish” the at-fault party for gross negligence and intentional wrongdoing.
What Is the Statute Of Limitations Of Personal Injury Case in Hawaiian Gardens, CA?
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim? A statute of limitations sets the deadline for filing claims.
The California statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two years from the date of injury. However, there are exceptions depending on the type of case, the parties involved, and the facts of the case. Therefore, it is best to talk with an injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident or injury.