Samuel Nordean, Esq.
A passion for standing up for people unfairly wronged by others is what motivates personal injury attorney Sam Nordean.
“My heart breaks for people whose lives have been turned upside down because of someone else’s negligence,” he said. “I use my passion for doing what’s right and my knowledge of the legal system to hold those responsible accountable for their actions, especially when someone has been dealt a bad hand through no fault of their own.”
Sam has made a commitment to helping victims get back what was taken away from them. He fights for people that are injured and can’t fight for themselves.
“Going to court or negotiating a settlement is not akin to my client winning a lottery ticket. It’s about balancing the scales; it’s what they’re owed.”
Whether it’s negotiating a settlement with an insurance provider or taking them or individuals to court to do the right thing, Sam lifts the burden of battle from his clients’ shoulders so they can devote their focus to their recovery.
- In 2017, Nordean secured a $100,000 settlement for a man experiencing homelessness who was hit by a truck driver while crossing a street. Even though police blamed the victim for the accident, Sam stood by his client until justice was served. The insurance company paid the full policy. This money turned the client’s life around. Sam and this client remain friends to this day.
- A single mother of three needed help in dealing with a neighbor who was bullying her children because of their nationality. Troubled about involving police and only wanting to move for her family’s safety, she approached Sam for help. Without even having to file a claim, Sam successfully negotiated a cancelation of her long-term lease, and helped her and her children move to a different neighborhood and enjoy a seamless school transfer for her children.
- Sam and the family remain good friends, and he successfully represented them in a car crash case.
- Sam secured $1.25 million-dollar settlement for a client involved in an accident with a rideshare driver. The ridesharing company’s insurance provider was stalling the victim, who suffered a traumatic brain injury that changed her life forever. Sam took over the case from another personal injury attorney, and fearlessly stayed on the case until the ridesharing company did the right thing.
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Biochemistry; Portland State University
- Juris Doctor degree; Chapman University School of Law
A committed family man, Sam has been married to his wife for six years. They have known each other for 15 years. The couple has a 4-year-old child together. Sam enjoys to work-out, mediate, and read in his free time.